Day 24 of Recipe Marathon #2.
We call this as Kosambari/ raw salad. This is a simple and refreshing salad made with cucumber and Channadal/kadale bele, one can substitute Channadal with moongdal or small cooked lentils.
- Cucumber – 1 medium size
- Channadal – 1/4 cup soaked for and hour in warm water
- Cilantro leaves- one hand full
- Lime/lemon- 1tsp freshly squeezed
- Fresh grated coconut – 1tsp (optional)
- Salt to taste
Tempering : oil. mustard seeds- 1tsp and red chilli’s – 1.
- Peel cucumber and chop finely, rinse the soak Dal and drain all the water. Mix with chopped cucumbers. To this add chopped cilantro and grated coconut.
- Do the tempering by heating oil , when hot add mustard seeds and red chili’s.
- Mix the tempering with cucumber and add salt and adjust to taste. Finally squeeze lime juice on top mix gently. Serve.
Can be eaten as such or as a side with rice and curry. Enjoy !
Check out recipes of my fellow Marathoners.
DK , Srivalli, Ranji, PJ, CurryLeaf, Medha, Priya, Bhawna, Raaji, Anu, Kamala, Roopa, Divya Kudua, Rekha, Divya M, Lakshmi, Raaga, Lakshmi Venkatesh, Sripriya, Viji, Kamalika, Pavani, Karuna, Roochi