Day 23 of Recipe Marathon #2.
I brought some fresh yellow squash from store this week, so made delicious curry out of it for our Sunday brunch with rottis.
- Yellow squash – wash and chopped to bite size pieces (peel ski,
- Onion- one small
- Tomato – 1 medium
- Ginger- 1tsp grated
Tempering : Oil, mustard and cumin seeds – 1tsp each
Masala powder (roast & grind) : Channadal/kadalebele(peanuts can be used) , Sesame seeds , coriander seeds and red chili’s.
- Chop all veggies to bite size pieces, heat oil when hot add mustard seed, cumin seeds.
- Then add all the veggies, add little mix well cover and cook on medium heat till just tender.
- Meanwhile, roast and powder all the ingredients mentioned above (roast with or without oil).
- Once the veggies are soft add the ground spice powder, add enough water, adjust salt.
- Let it simmer for 10 more mins. Switch off and garnish with few springs of cilantro leaves.
Serve warm. Tastes good with rotis, rice and doses.
Check out recipes of my fellow Marathoners.
DK , Srivalli, Ranji, PJ, CurryLeaf, Medha, Priya, Bhawna, Raaji, Anu, Kamala, Roopa, Divya Kudua, Rekha, Divya M, Lakshmi, Raaga, Lakshmi Venkatesh, Sripriya, Viji, Kamalika, Pavani, Karuna, Roochi