Day 15 of Recipe Marathon #2.
Zucchini is a very new vegetable to me, started using this vegetable very recently. I don’t know very many dishes to cook with it, I always make sambar or curry with it. But today I tried making chutney with it, same way we make Ridge gourd (heerekaayi as we call in Kannada) chutney. It turned out to be a very creamy,spicy and tasty chutney. We had this with Ragi Rotti. This was our Saturday Brunch.
- Zucchini – 1 medium (cut into big chunks)
- Onion – 1 very small chopped
- Channadal – 1tbsp (peanuts or sesame seeds can also be used)
- Coconut grated – 1tbsp (optional)
- Cilantro leaves- few springs
- Red chillies – 3or4 ( Green chillies can also be used)
- Tamarind(dried one soaked in water)- about 1tsp (use tamarind paste)
- Oil – 1tsp
- Heat oil, when hot add Channadal and fry for few minutes until its golden. Remove from heat and keep aside.
- Chop zucchini and onions and fry them in little oil for 5-7 minutes, until just tender.
- Once its cool enough, in a blender first grind Channadal and then add veggies, tamarind water, coconut , chillies and salt.
- Grind them to smooth paste. I skipped the tempering part, since I had sautéed them in oil previously.
Tastes good with doses, idlies, rottis or use this as a dip with some chips. Enjoy !
Check out recipes of my fellow Marathoners.
1. DK 2. Siri 3. Srivalli 4. Ranji 5. PJ 6. Curry Leaf 7. Medha 8. Priya 9. Bhawna 10. Raaji 11. Anu 12. Kamala 13. Roopa 14. Divya Kudua 15.Rekha 16.Divya M 17.Lakshmi 18.Raaga 19.Lakshmi Venkatesh 20.Sripriya 21.Viji 22.Kamalika 23.Pavani 24.Karuna 25.Roochi