Day 8 of Recipe Marathon #2.
I make this dish with chickpea (channa, kabul kadalai) at least once a week. Here is my recipe of makng this curry.
- Chickpeas – 1 cup ( soaked overnight and cooked till just soft, can use canned chickpeas instead)
- Onion – 1 meduim
- Tomato – 1
- Capsicum/bellpepper- 1 small
- Ginger and garlic- 2 pieces
- Tomato paste – 1tbsp (gives rich colour to the curry)
- Jaggery or Brown sugar – 1tsb (to balance the taste)
- Redchilli powder and Garam masala – 1tsp each (use channa masala powder instead).
- Corriender/cilantro leaves and thin slices of red onions.
- Chop onion, tomato and capsicum to big chunks. Along with ginger and garlic grind them to paste using enough water.
- Heat oil, when hot add cumin seeds, add in ground paste and cook till raw smell of veggies are gone, the mixture becomes thick and changes to dark colour.
- Now add spices and jaggery mix well, add cooked or canned chickpeas.Add enough water and cook on medium heat for 10 mins or so untill all the flavours combines well.
- Garnish with few cilantro leaves and red onions. Tastes great with puri and rotis.
Check out recipes of my fellow Marathoners.
1. DK 2. Siri 3. Srivalli 4. Ranji 5. PJ 6. Curry Leaf 7. Medha 8. Priya 9. Bhawna 10. Raaji 11. Anu 12. Kamala 13. Roopa 14. Divya Kudua 15.Rekha 16.Divya M 17.Lakshmi 18.Raaga 19.Lakshmi Venkatesh 20.Sripriya 21.Viji 22.Kamalika 23.Pavani __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________