Day 3 of Recipe Marathon #2.
This is a simple south Indian stir-fry(palya), I made for our lunch today. I do this kind of stir-frys with brussel sprouts and green cabbage, this time I used purple or red cabbage. Simple yet delicious side dish to go with rice or rotis. One can use this for sandwichs or as topping on pizza with some cheese.
- Purple/Red cabbage – 1 meduim, thinly sliced
- Oil – 1tsp
- Mustard seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Channa dal – 1 tsp
- Rec chillis – 2 broken or crushed
- Cilantro/corriender leaves, coconut grated and fresh lime juice – 1 tsp each
- Slice or chop cabbage and wash with cold water, drain the water.
- Heat oil, once hot add mustard and channdal. When dal changes colour add red chillies and add chopped cabbage.
- Cover with a lid and cook on meduim heat for about 5-10 mins. Make sure not to over cook the cabbage, it should still give some crunch. Adjust salt to taste.
- Once cabbage is done switch off heat. Squeese fresh lime juice, garnish with grated coconut and cilantro leaves.
Checkout the recipes of other Marathoners.
1. DK 2. Siri 3. Srivalli 4. Ranji 5. PJ 6. Curry Leaf 7. Medha 8. Priya 9. Bhawna 10. Raaji 11. Anu 12. Kamala 13. Roopa 14. Divya Kudua 15.Rekha 16.Divya M 17.Lakshmi 18.Raaga 19.Lakshmi Venkatesh 20.Sripriya
21.Viji 22.Kamalika 23.Pavani