Day 18 of Recipe Marathon #2.
Pimentos are also called cherry peppers which are small, round in shape, like red bell peppers(roasted) they also can be found in canned jars. Read more about pimentos here.
I was thinking of making something quick and light for our evening snack, so I used a can of chickpeas and small jar of pimentos to make hummus. I can say this recipe is a 5 minute wonder !
- Chickpeas – 1 cup (I used store brought, so rinse with water and drain well)
- Pimentos – about 2 tbsp (I used store brought, Roasted red bellpeppers be used instead)
- Roasted sesame seeds – 1tbsp ( use tahini paste instead)
- Green chilli’s- 1 for spiciness
- Cilantro leaves- 1 hand full
- Olive oil – 1tsp
- Salt to taste.
In a blender, put all the above ingredients and grind together to smooth paste. If required add more Olive oil or water, while grinding. Thats it, enjoy with chips or crackers.
* Leftovers can be used as a base for making noodles or spread on pizza.
Check out recipes of my fellow Marathoners.
DK , Srivalli, Ranji, PJ, CurryLeaf, Medha, Priya, Bhawna, Raaji, Anu, Kamala, Roopa, Divya Kudua, Rekha, Divya M, Lakshmi, Raaga, Lakshmi Venkatesh, Sripriya, Viji, Kamalika, Pavani, Karuna, Roochi