When ever I make one-pot rice dish I make pachadi/raita to go with it. I had cooked potatoes which was in fridge for last two days, so today for our lunch I used that for making pachadi/raita.
One can add veggies like tomatoes, cucumber, green chillies, grated carrot along with this. During festival, back home when we donot cook with onions, potato is used to make raithas. I just wanted to keep it simple so just added potaotes(cooked) and onions with little cilantro leaves. This is very simple recipe to make along any rice dishes.
Here is what I used
- 1 cup – home made yogurt
- 1 potato- skin removed and choped( can also crumble)
- 2 tsp – red onion and cilantro finely chopped
Spices-red chilli powder, black pepper powder, turmeric and salt to taste.
Tempering-1 tsp of oil, mustard seeds, red chilli and hing.
- Cook potato in boiling water untill tender. Once cooled chop/ crumble.
- Sprinkle with salt, chilli powder, turmeric and black pepper.
- Mix pototes with yogurt add chopped onion and cilantro. Mix well.
- Do the tempering and pour over yogurt mixture.
We had this with rice usli. Enjoy!