Recipe For Moongdal Payasa
- 1 cup – Moongdal/ hesarubele
- 3/4 cup – Jaggery/bella
- 1Pod- Cardamom/ellachi
- 1/2 cup- Grated coconut
- 1/4 cup-Alamond-cashewnut powder
- 1tbsp- Ghee.
- Clean and wash moongdal then presssure cook upto one whistel.
- Then in a heave bottom vessel put ghee, then add coconut, cardamom, nut powder add crushed jaggery and 2 cups of water. Bring it to boil.
- Then add cooked moongdal and let it simmer for 10 more minutes. Untill you get nice consistnacy.
- Enjoy it .
*Garnish with some ghee fried nuts. To make it even easier , wash moong dal and add all the above ingredints and pressure cook for 2 whistel of 15 minustes. Enjoy once its cool.
Recipe for Channadal Vade
- 1 cup – Channa dal/ kadalebele
- 1-Red onion
- 2tbsp-Curry leaves
- 2- Green chillies
- 1tbsp -Red chilli powder
- 2tbsp- Rice flour(makes vade crisp)
- Salt to taste
- Peanut Oil for deep frying
*Above proption makes about 15 vades.
- Wash and soak channadal for 2 hours.
- Chop onion, chillis, curry leaves.
- Grind channadal using little water to thick dough.
- Mix in chilli powder, rice flour and chopped veggies.
- Mix will and adjust the salt to taste.
- Mean while, put some oil on medium heat.
- When oil is hot enough , fry 3-4 at a time till golden brown