I had totally forgotton about this month’s AFAM, untill Mansi who is hosting this month, reminded me. I have never cooked anything with peaches before but have eaten raw fruit just once :). So looked for recipes online finally liked the recipe from Food Network Website(Robin Miller’s Recipe),which will air today.
Recipe was very simple, with very few ingredients and just 15 mins of baking. So decided to make it and followed the recipe as it is but made few changes with the ingredients.
- Peaches (canned in lite syrup) and frozen strawberries.
- All pourpose flour -1/2 cup
- Rolled oats- 1/2cup
- Cinnamon- sugar- 1tbsp
- Raw sugar- 3 tbsp
- Olive Oil – 3 tbsp
- Alamonds- 2 tbsp chopped
- Butter – just 2 pinches to put on top
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees farenheit
- Wash peach and thaw strawberries and cut into bit size peices.
- In another bowl mix all the other ingredients (add more oil if required)except butter.
- I used 2 remikens to bake,first put the chopped fruits then add the above mixture. Add little butter on top (can skip this part).
- Bake in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes, untill the top is golden brown and fruits starts to bubble up.
- Let it cool a bit, enjoy when its warm straight from the dish.
I have served up-side down for the picture :). It was mildly sweet with little crunch(from oats and almonds) and fruty at the same time.