Day 11 of Recipe Marathon #2.
I made this quick curry for lunch today, goes well as a side dish with rice or rotis.
- Brinjal /Eggplant – 1 big (if using small one 5-6)
- Onion – 1 small thinly sliced
- Tomato – 1 small finely chopped
- Red chilli powder, cumin powder and Palya podi/kara podi (optional) – 1tsp each
- Oil, cumin seeds and channadal – 1tsp each
For garnish few cilantro springs.
- Chop veggies thinly. Do the tempering by adding cumin to hot oil, add channadal when it starts to change colour add all the veggies. Cover and cook for 5 mins or untill its just soft.
- Add salt and spices,mix well and let it cook for 5 more minutes or untill all the flavour combines well.
- Switch off the heat and Garnish. Enjoy !
Check out recipes of my fellow Marathoners.
1. DK 2. Siri 3. Srivalli 4. Ranji 5. PJ 6. Curry Leaf 7. Medha 8. Priya 9. Bhawna 10. Raaji 11. Anu 12. Kamala 13. Roopa 14. Divya Kudua 15.Rekha 16.Divya M 17.Lakshmi 18.Raaga 19.Lakshmi Venkatesh 20.Sripriya 21.Viji 22.Kamalika 23.Pavani 24.Karuna 25.Roochi