Day 7 of Recipe Marathon #2.
Raitha or pachaddi is a yogurt(curds) based dish, I usually make it when I prepare one pot rice dishes. Raithas are usually prepared by adding raw onion,tomato or cucumber. For a change and something different from regular ones, I tried making using roasted Bananna pepper, and the taste was divine. I’ll making this raitha more often now.
- Home made yougurt/curds – 1 cup
- Bananna Peppers – 1big (Red bellpeppers and pablano peppers will be good too)
- Red onion- 1 small
- Red chilli powder and Amchur powder – 1 tsp each
- For tempering : Oil, mustard seeds and cumin seeds – 1tsp each
- On a grill or directly on flame roast peppers untill all sides are blacken. Cover for 5 minutes, the skin comes of easily(discard the skin and seeds). Chop the peppers and keep aside.
- Chop onions mix with peppers to this add salt, chilli powder and amchur powder (this is optional, I add to give raitha little tangyness). Mix everting with yogurt.
- Do the tempering by heating oil, and add mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Once they start to pop add this to pepper-onion mixture, mix well.
We had this with corriender-mint pulav. Enjoy !
Check out recipes of my fellow Marathoners.
1. DK 2. Siri 3. Srivalli 4. Ranji 5. PJ 6. Curry Leaf 7. Medha 8. Priya 9. Bhawna 10. Raaji 11. Anu 12. Kamala 13. Roopa 14. Divya Kudua 15.Rekha 16.Divya M 17.Lakshmi 18.Raaga 19.Lakshmi Venkatesh 20.Sripriya 21.Viji 22.Kamalika 23.Pavani __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________