Day 5 of Recipe Marathon #2.
This is my MIL’s recipe, she makes this sagu whenever she makes Dosas. I too made dosa today for our lunch and would like to share her Recipe.
- Pumpkin – 3cups chopped
- Onion – 1 meduim chopped
- Oil, Mustard seeds and Channadal – 1tsp
For Grinding (no need to roast)
- Coconut grated – 2tbsp
- Poppy seeds, Dalia dal (roasted gram dal, hurigadale) – 1 tsbp
- Corriender leaves- one handfull
- Green chillies- 1-2
- Cinnamon, cloves – 2 each
- Black pepper – 1/2 tsb
1.Cut/ chop pumpkin and onions.
2. Heat oil, when hot add mustard seed and channadal. Once dal starts to change colour add veggie mix well. Cover and cook till pumpkin is bit soft takes about 10 mins.
3.Meanwhile put all the ingredients in a mixer for grinding and add enough water and grind to smooth paste.
4.Once pumpkin is soft add ground paste, salt to taste add more water for desired consistancy.
5.Cover and cook for another 5-7 mins untill veggies absorb ground mixture. Once done switch off and serve.
We enjoyed with Dosa.
Check out recipes of my fellow Marathoners.
1. DK 2. Siri 3. Srivalli 4. Ranji 5. PJ 6. Curry Leaf 7. Medha 8. Priya 9. Bhawna 10. Raaji 11. Anu 12. Kamala 13. Roopa 14. Divya Kudua 15.Rekha 16.Divya M 17.Lakshmi 18.Raaga 19.Lakshmi Venkatesh 20.Sripriya 21.Viji 22.Kamalika 23.Pavani