Day 4 of Recipe Marathon #2.
This is my favorite dish to do with red potatoes and methi leaves. Very easy recipe and goes well with rotis,chapathis and dosas. Leftovers can be used to make sandwiches.
- Red Potatoes – 3 meduim size
- Onion – 1 medium
- Methi leaves – 2 tbsp dried (fresh leaves can be used too)
- Oil – 1tsp
- Cumin/jeera seeds – 1tsp
- Red chilli powder- 1tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cilantro leaves and fresh juice of lime juice about a tea spoon.
- Wash potatoes and cook till soft not mushy. Keep aside. Chop onion( if using fresh methi leaves wash and chop).
- Heat oil when hot, add cumin seeds, turmeric and red chilli powder. Then add in onion and methi leaves mix well. Let onion cook till soft.
- Crumble cooled potatoes( I left the skin on) and mix with onion mixture, make sure not to mash it too much. Adjust salt to taste.
- Finally garnish with cilantro leaves and squeese fresh lime juice. We had our with chapathis.
Simple yet satisfying meal. Enjoy !
Check out recipes of my fellow Marathoners.
1. DK 2. Siri 3. Srivalli 4. Ranji 5. PJ 6. Curry Leaf 7. Medha 8. Priya 9. Bhawna 10. Raaji 11. Anu 12. Kamala 13. Roopa 14. Divya Kudua 15.Rekha 16.Divya M 17.Lakshmi 18.Raaga 19.Lakshmi Venkatesh 20.Sripriya
21.Viji 22.Kamalika 23.Pavani