Combination of onion, tomato and capsicum(bellpeppers) sure to make a tasty and colourful addition to any dish. Along with that I added peanuts, seasame seeds and poppy seeds to make the curry well balanced and nutritious.
- Green Bell pepper – 2 meduim cut into big chuncks
- Red onion – 1 medium
- Tomato- 1 meduim
- Tomato paste- 1 tsp to give some tangyness to dish.
- Brown sugar or jaggery – about 1tsp to balance the spice and tangyness.
- Red chilli powder- 1tsp
- Oil and cumin/jeera seeds – 1tsp each
Roast and grind
- Peanuts,sesame seeds (ellu), poppy seeds (gasgase) – 1tbsp each
- Cinnamom and cloves – 2 each
- Coriander/cilantro leaves one handfull choppped.
- Wash and chop veggies to big chunks, meanwhile roast the listed ingredients(roast & grind) one by one. Once cool enough, grind them to fine powder (I use coffee grinder to dry grind them. If using wet grinder use little water or tomato paste and grind them to fine paste).
- Heat oil in pan , when hot add cumin seeds. When seeds starts to pop add veggies mix well, cover and cook for about 5 mins. Then add roasted and ground powder or paste. Add tomato paste, brown sugar and chilli powder. Add enough water and salt to taste. Let it cook for 10 or more mins untill the veggies and peanut mixture combines well.
- Switch off heat, and garnish with cilantro leaves.
- Serve warm and Enjoy !
We had ours with whole wheat chapathis and some curds.
Checkout the recipes of other Marathoners.
1. DK 2. Siri 3. Srivalli 4. Ranji 5. PJ 6. Curry Leaf 7. Medha 8. Priya 9. Bhawna 10. Raaji 11. Anu 12. Kamala 13. Roopa 14. Divya Kudua 15.Rekha 16.Divya M 17.Lakshmi 18.Raaga 19.Lakshmi Venkatesh 20.Sripriya
21.Viji 22.Kamalika 23.Pavani