As many of you have guessed this is my entry for Sandwich festival hosted by Anupama of Food and more. At our house we like sandwichs with chutney spread inside and vegetables raw or roasted and always toasted and warm.
- Cilantro leaves- 1 bunch
- Green chillies- 2(medium hot)
- Ginger and garlic- 1 each
- Lime juice- 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste.
Clean cilantro leaves and grind together with little water. Squeeze lime juice and mix well. Chutney is ready to be used.
For making Sandwich
- Whole wheat bread- 2 slices
- All natural swiss cheese- 1 slice
- Vegetables- tomato, shallot and avacado slices
- Salt and pepper for taste
- Mustard (optional)
- Olive oil- 1 tsp for roasting
Arrange 2 slices of bread, spread chutney on one side and top with veggies sprinkel salt and pepper. On another bread put cheese and close it , put little oil on both sides and toast on grill which I have used. Can also be made on griddle/tava or in the oven.
Makes for quick breakfast or snack. Enjoy when its warm.