I have previously bloged about saasivekaayi( saasive- mustard & kaayi- coconut, both grind together with some spices), where I used chayote squash. For this months Think spice event I was planning to make the same with different veggie and I ran out of mustard. So when we went to Las vegas did lots of Indian grocery shopping and got mustard seeds. So here is the recipe for it.
- Zucchini, tomato and onion- 1 each cut into bite size peices( any kind of squash, okra and pumpink will be good for this recipe).
For Grinding :
- Coconut- 3 tbsp
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1tsp
- Dried red chillies- 2 for medium heat
- Turmeric- 1 tsp
- Jaggery and tamarind- 1tsp each ( this is optional, I have added a little)
- Oil- 1tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1tsp.
- Keep the pan on medium heat , add oil and mustrad seeds when they begin to crackel add all the veggies saute untill soft.
- Grind all the ingredints mentioned to smooth paste.
- Add the ground paste to the soften veggies add enough water, salt to taste and simmer it down for 10- 15 mins.
- It will be ready by this time.
- We had it with Akki rotti, followed the recipe from Latha’s Yum blog.