I had made pizza over the weekend using eggplant as topping. I had tried this pizza in one of the resturant couple of years ago and really loved it. So this will be my entry for this months JFI-Eggplant hosted by Sangeetha of Ghar Ka khana.
Making Pizza dough
- Wheat flour- 1 cup
- All purpose flour- 1cup
- Yeast- 1tbsp (disslove in warm water)
- Salt and sugar to taste.
Vegetables and spices
- Red onion, tomatos – 1 small.
- Eggplant- I used about half of the big eggplant sliced into bit size peices.
- Salt,Pepper, redchilli,powder and olive oil
- Combine the flours and add yeast dissloved in warm water to the flour, add sugar and salt.
- Mix well using anough water to form stiff dough. Cover and keep it for 1 hour or untill it doubles it size.
- Pre heat the oven 400 F, when dough is ready hand press it to form like circle shape, bake it for 10 mins.
- Now add tomato paste or tomato sauce spread it around and add onion, tomato and eggplant(mixed with salt,pepper,olive oil and red chilli powder)
- Continue to bake for another 10 min or less untill the veggies are cooked, I added shredded cheese last minute and left it for 1 min.
- Eggplant pizza is ready. Enjoy.
* I baked just the pizza dough as such before adding toppings, to make the crust crispier.
I’ll be on a short break, will see you all soon. Happy Blogging……