I have had Carrot Kheer many times. But never tried making them until now. These days my little one is not eating her veggies properly so this is one way I can make her have veggies.
This recipe is almost similar to making kheer but not thick in consistancy as kheer. So I have mentioned it at Carrot milk.
Here is how I make it.
Carrot Juice 1 cup(Made from cooking, blending and straining)
Milk 1 cup
Sugar 1/2 cup (add more or less to your taste)
Cardamom 1 pod(powdered)
Cinnamon stick and clove 1 each(added whole)
- I used about 2 cups of baby carrots. Pressure cook untill soft (about 3 whistles).
- Mash or grind them in a blender. Untill smooth(can add little water while blending)
- Using a Stainers seperate juice and thick pulp. You will get about 1 cup of carrot juice.(If Making kheer leave this part)
- In a sauce pan mix equal amount of milk with carrot juice sugar,cardamom powder,cinnamon and clove.
- Bring it to boil and simmer it down for about 10-15 min.
- Switch off the heat. Let it cool for little bit. (I took out the whole cinnamon and clove after switching the heat off)
*For making kheer you can use less amount of milk and lastly add nuts and raisins with ghee.
Now its ready to be served. Hot or warm. Once it cooled down to room temperature put it in the fridge and chill for an hour. Cold and nutritious drink for summer hot days.