Day 27 of Recipe Marathon #2
This recipe is a small twist on one of our favorite breakfast/tiffin dish. Along with regular sooji/suji/rava/rave/semolina and rice flour, I have also added wheat germ to make the breakfast item more nutritious.
- Rice flour -1 cup
- Semolina/rava – 1/2 cup ( use the very fine kind here, know as chiroti rava in Kannada)
- Wheat germ - 1/4 cup
- Chopped or grated veggies- carrot and cilantro leaves
- Cumin seeds – 1tsp
- Water about 3-4 cups
* Can also add green chillies for more spice, grated zucchini and onions can also be used here.
- Mix all the above ingredients with salt and water to smooth batter( Batter should be thin, once poured over the hot griddle/tava it should from like lace) .
- Heat griddle on medium high heat, when hot pour the batter around little by little to from a circle .
- Let it roast for 2-3 mins on side, when sides starts to leave, flip/turn and cook the other side for a minute.
- Fold into semi-circle and serve with favorite side dish.
Simple, easy and healthy breakfast ready in minutes. Enjoy !
Check out recipes of my fellow Marathoners.
DK , Srivalli, Ranji, PJ, CurryLeaf, Medha, Priya, Bhawna, Raaji, Anu, Kamala, Roopa, Divya Kudua, Rekha, Divya M, Lakshmi, Raaga, Lakshmi Venkatesh, Sripriya, Viji, Kamalika, Pavani, Karuna, Roochi